We’re upgrading our facilities to better serve our clients.
Liverpool Cemetery is about to undergo major refurbishment of the administration office, condolence room, cafe and chapel facilities. It is estimated that the Liverpool works will take place from February 2022 to October 2022.
During refurbishment we thank you for your patience
- The Reflection chapel and condolence room will be closed for all services and functions.
- The café will be closed.
- The administration office will be relocated to the area in front of the existing office on McLean Street.
- The area under refurbishment construction will be fenced off to ensure the safety of staff and visitors.
- During the works, there may be traffic control in places on certain days however there will be a traffic management plan and signage in place.
- Access for visitation to the Gallery of Angels Crypts will be restricted to 10am – 3pm weekdays, Sundays and Public Holidays. Saturday works may be required in the Gallery of Angels within allocated time slots, however advanced notification will be advised by way of onsite signage.
- Access for visitation to the Chapel Wall Niches will be permanently available throughout construction.
- Padre Pio chapel will remain open during the refurbishment, and it will be business as usual throughout the rest of the Cemetery.
Please pardon our appearance and any disruptions during the transformation.
Catholic Cemeteries provides Grave shortage solution
Sydney is running out of burial space. Cemeteries that have served Sydney for over a century are in their final years. Some of these will close within 3 years and all Crown cemeteries will close to new burials within 10-12 years.
Catholic Cemeteries + Crematoria has been working with over 200 community groups to resolve their imminent shortage of burial space, including the Catholic, Muslim, Jewish, Orthodox and other faith groups in line with their religious needs and burial practices.
CCC recognised the critical shortage of burial space several years ago and is the only Crown operator in Sydney that has secured new burial land with the purchase of two DA approved cemeteries.
They include the 113ha Macarthur Memorial Park in the Campbelltown area and the 44ha Nepean Gardens in the Penrith area.